PANEER / CHEESE CUTLET2015-01-31
- Skill Level: Intermediate
- Yield : 10 CROQUETTE
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 35m
After a huge request of Indian appetizers I thought to myself that if I have to make an appetizer then it should be up to mark this recipe is very close to my heart as it quite nostalgic to me … when I was a kid I used to ask my parents how do they make it?? How to they combine paneer together??? But since then I have gained a lot of experience cooking …..
Well to tell you the truth this recipe has also been my premiere recipe for a long time people used to ask me how do you make it?? How can you make it so perfect?? Do you have a machine??? But the answer was simple and so is the recipe.
INGREDIENTS FOR STUFFING:
500 Gms Paneer / Cottage Cheese (water less)
1.5 tsp. Cumin Seeds
½ tsp. Black Pepper Corns
1 Mid – Size Carrot
1.5 tsp. Ginger (chopped)
1 Tbsp. Cilantro Chopped
2 – 3 mid – Size Green Chili (Chopped)
½ tsp. Salt (or as per taste)
1.5 Tbsp. Oil
INGREDIENTS FOR BATTER:
1 Cup All Purpose Flour
½ Cup Corn Starch
2 Tbsp. Oil
1 Cup + 2 Tbsp. Warm Water
1 tsp. Baking Powder
1 tsp. Salt (or as per taste)
OTHER INGREDIENTS NEEDED
– Dried Breadcrumbs (Grind the breadcrumbs and make them fine)
INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE THE RECIPE:
- Make sure you remove all the water from cottage cheese.
- After giving the shape to cottage cheese keep them in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Make a thick batter.
- Do not add to many breadcrumbs otherwise the outer shell will be very firm.
- Do not eat Croquettes hot let them cool down a little bit.Add hot/warm water in the batter.